Collection on early Mormon history
Scope and Contents
Materials include typescripts of records on early Mormon history. Includes information on Joseph Smith, William Smith, and John Whitmer, and other early Church leaders. Dated 1830-1846.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Collection on early Mormon history must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Lyndon W. Cook; 1977.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Existence and Location of Originals
Community of Christ Library and Archives; The Temple, 201 S. River, Independence, Missouri 64050.
Processed; Ryan K. Lee; 2013.
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History--19th century
- Latter Day Saint churches -- History -- 19th century
- Minutes (Records)
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Smith, William, 1811-1893
- Whitmer, John, 1802-1878
- Register of Collection on early Mormon history
- Ryan K. Lee
- 2013 October 4
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.