David R. Roberts scripts
Scope and Contents
Script of pageant calls for a narrator and four characters: Father Adam, Moses, Daniel, and Joseph Smith, each of whom gives a brief synopsis of his life. Each of these prophets tells his own story as found in Mormon scriptures. Roberts wrote this pageant for his Mormon High Priest's Quorum in refutation of the Darwinian theory of evolution.
- Roberts, D. R. (David R.) (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from David R. Roberts scripts must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Adam (Biblical figure)
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Doctrines
- Daniel (Biblical figure)
- Drama -- 20th century
- Mormon Church -- Anniversaries, etc.
- Mormons -- History -- Drama
- Moses (Biblical leader)
- Pageants -- Utah
- Performing Arts
- Religion and science
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Register of David R. Roberts scripts
- In Progress
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 July 22
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.