Coleman family histories
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of typescripts. File contains excerpts from three documents, all originally compiled by Evans Coleman: "History of the Coleman Family;" "Saint Johns Purchase;" and "Biography of Emma Beck Coleman." These documents were originally compiled between 1938 and 1942, although all of them refer to events either in Missouri during the late 1830s or in Arizona during the 1880s.
- Tanner, George S. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Coleman family histories must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
Mormon pioneers in eastern Arizona.
1 folder (0.08 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Item removed and notes updated as needed; Ryan K. Lee; 2018.
- Arizona -- History -- To 1912
- City and Town Life
- Coleman family -- History
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Arizona
- Indians of North America
- Mormon Church -- Arizona -- History
- Mormon Church -- Missouri -- History
- Mormons -- Colonization -- Arizona -- History
- Saint Johns (Ariz.) -- History
- Social Life and Customs
- United orders (Mormon Church) -- Utah -- History
- Register of Coleman family histories
- In Progress
- Morgan Crockett
- 2010 July 20
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.