Levi Stewart letter from Kanab, to Brigham Young, Salt Lake City, Utah
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 787
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of typescript. Short report to Brigham Young (1801-1877) on the efforts to organize the missionaries called to settle along the Little Colorado River. Includes list of prospective missionaries that Stewart recommended calling and a list of some who had agreed to go, but had not yet arrived in Kanab. The writer also requests counsel from Young on various matters pertaining to the mission.
- Date not identified
- Tanner, George S. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Levi Stewart letter from Kanab, to Brigham Young, Salt Lake City, Utah must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon pioneer in southern Utah, missionary for the LDS Church in northern Arizona.
1 item (1 leaf)
Collection maintained in original condition.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Arizona--History
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Arizona -- Sources
- Material Types
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Arizona -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Arizona
- Mormons -- Colonization -- Arizona -- History
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877
- Register of Levi Stewart letter from Kanab, to Brigham Young, Salt Lake City, Utah
- In Progress
- Morgan Crockett
- 2010 July 20
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.