John A. Blythe journal
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of typescript. Describes his trip from Salt Lake City to the site of Joseph City and daily life in the United Order in that town. The diary also discusses the author's departure on a supply trip to Salt Lake City and concludes with his arrival in St. George, Utah en route.
A one-page autobiographical sketch entitled "History of John A. Blythe, From his birth to Feb. 3rd, 1876" is also included.
- Blythe, John A. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Journal of John A. Blythe must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Early Mormon pioneer, settler in Allen's Camp (later Joseph City), one of the Mormon communities on the Little Colorado River in eastern Arizona.
1 item (35 leaves)
Collection maintained in original order.
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Arizona -- Description and travel
- Arizona -- History -- To 1912
- Blythe, John A.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- City and Town Life
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Utah
- Joseph City (Ariz.) -- History -- Sources
- Material Types
- Mormon Church -- Arizona -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Arizona
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History
- Mormons -- Colonization -- Arizona -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- History
- Social Life and Customs
- United orders (Mormon Church) -- Arizona -- History
- Utah -- Description and travel
- Register of Journal of John A. Blythe
- In Progress
- Morgan Crockett
- 2010 July 19
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.