Jacob G. Bigler diaries and correspondence
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a microfilm copy of handwritten diaries and correspondence. Bigler was a bishop for the Mormon Church in Nephi, Utah. He also served as a member of the Utah territorial legislature and was mayor of Nephi. Bigler served as a Mormon missionary to Ireland and as president of the European Mission for that same faith. The collection also includes correspondence between Bigler and family members mostly when he served as a missionary in Ireland.
- Bigler, Jacob G., 1813-1907 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Jacob G. Bigler diaries and correspondence must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Jacob G. Bigler (1813-1907) was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and a pioneer to Utah.
4 folders (240 p.)
Language of Materials
These materials were photocpied from the 920 microfilm collection, reel 20. Formerly in film call number: 920 no. 20.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Bigler, Jacob G., 1813-1907
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- Ireland
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Nephi
- Missions and Missionaries
- Nephi (Utah) -- History
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah -- Politics and government
- Register of Jacob G. Bigler diaries and correspondence
- Rose Frank
- 2011 February 24
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.