Emma Price papers
Scope and Contents
Collection includes photocopies of Price's diaries, which containing correspondence between Emma Price and her children with her husband while he served a church mission in Wales. The diary also contains genealogical information, addresses, and copied scriptures. Collection also includes a photograph with Edmund Price and additional biographical information.
- Price, Edmund, 1854-1915 (Person)
- Price, Emma, 1853-1927 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Emma Price papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Emma Brown Price (1853-1927) was born in London, England, and migrated to Utah with her family in 1872. She married Edmund Prince in 1876, and they settled in West Jordan, Utah, where he worked as a farmer. Together they raised nine children. Price died in 1927 in West Jordan, Utah.
4 folders ; (0.32 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Janice Egbert; 1999.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Wales--History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Wales -- Correspondence
- Mormon missionaries -- Wales -- Photographs
- Mormon women -- West Jordan -- Utah -- Diaries
- West Jordan (Utah) -- History
- Register of Emma Price papers
- Rose Frank
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States