Joseph Raymond Dewey memories
Scope and Contents
Contains histories of author's ancestors, together with poems, genealogy, funeral talks, speeches, and pictures. Includes autobiographical accounts by Nellie L. Dewey, Elijah K. Fuller, Edward M. Thurman, Horace S. Rawson, Violet M. Dewey and J. Raymond Dewey; biographical sketches of Lewis C. Rogerson, Fannie V. Smith, Matilda S. Farnes, George U. Smith, John Cook Dewey, John Cyrus Dewey, S. Annie C. Dewey, Sarah U. Child, Mary Ann G. Perkes, and Jane M. Dean; and a large number of family group sheets. Includes a name index.
- Thurman, Edward Moroni, 1847-1931 (Person)
- Rawson, Horace Strong, 1799-1882 (Person)
- Fuller, Elijah Knapp, 1811-1897 (Person)
- Dewey, Nellie Lorena Thurman, 1886-1972 (Person)
- Dewey, Violet McKenzie Rogerson, 1911- (Person)
- Dewey, Joseph Raymond, 1912- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public relations.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph Raymond Dewey memories must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Managed Brigham Young University property in Idaho for twenty years.
1 folder (0.30 linear ft.) : 717 p. ; 1 v. ; 28 cm.
Language of Materials
Gift of Joseph Raymond Dewey in 1999.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Joseph Raymond Dewey; 1999.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Register of Joseph Raymond Dewey memories
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 December 27
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States