Phineas Young papers
Scope and Contents
Handwritten and typewritten autobiograpy, diary, biographies, and genealogies of Young's descendents. The diary covers the years 1856 and 1857 and document Young's mission to England. Young's atuboiography covers his life to 1857. Also included are two biographies of Young written by family members.
- approximately 1856-1950
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Phineas Young papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Printer; building contractor; and Mormon bishop, missionary, and pioneer. Brother of the second president of the Mormon Church, Brigham Young (1801-1877).
15 items (82 p.)
Donated by Edison C. Breckenridge in 1984.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Edison C. Breckenridge; 1984.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Photographs to Photoarchives.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--England--History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- England -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Young family
- Young, P. H. (Phineas Howe), 1799-1879
- Register of Phineas Young papers
- In Progress
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 October 8
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States