Alvin Pliny Bean essays
Scope and Contents
Typewritten talk, a biography of Bean's father, Willard Washington Bean, and a biography of Alvin Pliny Bean by Vicki Zimmerman. The biography of Willard Bean relates his missionary experiences for the Mormon Church in the Southern States, 1882-1884. The other items emphasize Alvin Bean's experiences in Palmyra.
- approximately 1978
- Bean, Alvin Pliny, 1918- (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Alvin Pliny Bean essays must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon who was raised in the Joseph Smith (1805-1844) home in Palmyra, New York.
3 items (35 p.)
Donated by Vicki Zimmerman in 1984.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Vicki Zimmerman; 1984.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Bean, Alvin Pliny, 1918-
- Biography -- 20th century
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Southern States -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States
- Mormons -- New York (State) -- Palmyra -- History
- Palmyra (N.Y.) -- History
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844 -- Homes and haunts
- Register of Alvin Pliny Bean essays
- In Progress
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 October 7
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.