Hancock County records
Scope and Contents
Film contains 22 items, including three collections: Nauvoo court records; Eudocia Marsh's Mormons in Hancock County : a Reminiscence; and the Strangite Papers, 1851-1963.
- Hancock County (Ill.) (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
Marsh collection for reference only; permission necessary for reproduction.
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 microfilm reel (0.1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
Inventories for each of the three collections are located in the archives and the Special Collections reference area.
Donated in 1974.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
Existence and Location of Originals
The original manuscript of Marsh's work is housed at Knox College, Monmouth, Illinois.
Existence and Location of Copies
Microfilm. Provo, Utah : Brigham Young University Libraries, 1933 November 21. 1 microfilm reel. 35 mm.
- Church of Jesus Christ (Strangites) -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Illinois -- History
- Civil Procedure and Courts
- Flanders, Robert Bruce
- Ford, A.
- Furgeson, Leonard J.
- Hickey, L. D. (Lorenzo Dow)
- Lewis, Grace B., approximately 1860-
- Marsh, Eudora Baldwin. Mormons in Hancock County
- McNutt, James O.
- Mormon Church -- Controversial literature
- Nauvoo (Ill.) -- History
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Post, Warren, 1811-1875
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Strang, Elizabeth
- Strang, James Jesse, 1813-1856
- Watson, Wingfield
- Willis, Cliff Davis
- Register of Hancock County records
- In Progress
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 June 21
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.