Moses Franklin Farnsworth missionary diary and patriarchal blessings
Scope and Contents
Handwritten diaries, patriarchal blessings, and miscellaneous items. Farnsworth gives a brief autobiography before he started his first diary in 1862. His diaries cover from 1862 to 1864 and from 1868 to 1870 when he was on a mission for the Mormon Church in England. Also included are patriarchal blessings for members of the Farnsworth family.
- Farnsworth, Moses Franklin, 1834- (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Moses Franklin Farnsworth missionary diary and patriarchal blessings must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon genealogist, temple reocrder, historian, and member of the Utah Militia. He died in 1906.
1 v. (189 p.)
Donated by Raymond B. Farnsworth in 1981.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Raymond B. Farnsworth; 1981.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Farnsworth family
- Farnsworth, Moses Franklin, 1834-
- Home and Family
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- England -- History
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- England
- Latter Day Saints -- England -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Latter Day Saint churches) -- History
- Social Life and Customs
- Register of Moses Franklin Farnsworth missionary diary and patriarchal blessings
- In Progress
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 September 9
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.