Mary Ann Robinson Dudley letters
Scope and Contents
Handwritten letters written from Nauvoo, Illinois; Salt Lake City, Utah; and Willard, Utah. Most of them were written by Mary Ann Robinson Dudley and deal largely with family matters. Dated 1844-1897.
- Dudley, Mary Ann Robinson, 1811-1884 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mary Ann Robinson Dudley letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mary Ann Robinson Dudley (1811-1884) was an early member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from New Hampshire and early settler of Willard, Utah.
Mary Ann Robinson was born on March 19, 1811 in New Hampshire to Noah and Susannah Robinson. She married Oliver Hunt Dudley (1809-1897) on August 13, 1832 in New Hampshire and they had seven children together. They joined the the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and moved to Nauvoo in 1844. In 1850 Mary and her family came to Utah with the Edward Hunter Company, and they settled in Willard, Utah. Mary died on February 4, 1884 in Willard, Utah.
1 folder (0.05 linear ft.) : 21 items
Language of Materials
Donated in 1981.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Processed; Benjamin Sipes; 2010.
- Dudley family
- Dudley, Mary Ann Robinson, 1811-1884 -- Correspondence
- Home and Family
- Latter Day Saint pioneers
- Latter Day Saints -- Illinois -- Nauvoo -- Correspondence
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- Correspondence
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Willard -- Correspondence
- Material Types
- Social Life and Customs
- Register of Mary Ann Robinson Dudley letters
- Under Revision
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 September 8
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.