Foreword to a life story
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a handwritten autobiography of John L. Seymour who taught at Sacramento Junior College for 24 years, produced and directed many plays, composed operas and chamber music. He later moved to Cedar City, Utah after the death of his mother and established a memorial library for her at Southern Utah State College. He discusses the operas he wrote and describes his philosophy of life.
- Seymour, John Laurence (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted until 2010 A.D.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Foreword to a life story must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Educator, producer/director, and composer of opera scores, who joined the Mormon Church later in life.
Materials were left in original order.
Donated by John L. Seymour in 1980.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; John L. Seymour; 1980.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Brigham Young University
- Cedar City (Utah) -- History
- Colleges and Universities
- Composers -- California -- Sacramento -- History -- Sources
- Educators -- California -- Sacramento -- History -- Sources
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Cedar City -- History -- Sources
- Librettists -- West (U.S.) -- History
- Opera -- Biography
- Southern Utah State College
- Register of Foreword to a life story
- In Progress
- Melissa Stephens
- 2010 September 8
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.