James Parshall Terry autobiography
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a handwritten and typed autobiography of James P. Terry which includes his experiences with Johnston's Army in 1857.
- Terry, James Parshall, 1830-1918 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from James Parshall Terry autobiography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Patriarch in the Mormon Church and captain in the Utah militia.
1 item (98 leaves)(0.09 linear ft.)
Donated by Joyce C. Muhlestein in 1980.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Joyce C. Muhlestein; 1980.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Canada--History
- Mormon pioneers
- Mormons -- Illinois -- Nauvoo -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Rockville -- History -- Sources
- Nauvoo (Ill.) -- History
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Rockville (Utah) -- History
- Utah Expedition (1857-1858)
- Register of James Parshall Terry autobiography
- In Progress
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 August 25
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.