Scope and Contents
Photocopies of typewritten biographies of Henry Bailey Jacobs and Zina Diantha Huntington Young, along with photocopies of typed and handwritten letters. The items, which relate to family matters and marriage relationships, include a letter from the LDS Historical Department regarding the marriages of Zina to Joseph Smith and Brigham Young, and a letter from the U.S. Customs Court in New York denying the existence of any records relating to a divorce between Henry and Zina.
- Cannon, Oa J. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Biographies must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Granddaughter of Henry Bailey Jacobs and Zina Diantha Huntington Young and member of the Mormon Church.
11 items (44 leaves)(0.06 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Donated by Mrs. Paul Cannon in 1979.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Mrs. Paul Cannon; 1979.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Greeting cards
- Huntington, Oliver Boardman, 1823-1907
- Jacobs, Henry Bailey, 1817-1886
- Material Types
- Mormon Church -- Presidents
- Mormon missionaries -- East (U.S.)
- Mormon missionaries -- England
- Mormon pioneers
- Mormons -- United States -- History
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Temple work (Mormon Church)
- Young, Zina Diantha Huntington Jacobs Smith, 1821-1901
- Register of Biographies
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 August 20
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.