Willard Washington Bean autobiography
Scope and Contents
Softbound photocopy of a typewritten autobiography which includes a newsclipping from "The Church News." Willard W. Bean served the Mormon Church for 29 years and acquired many properties for the Mormon Church in New York State, including the Hill Cumorah.
- Bean, Willard Washington, 1868-1949 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Willard Washington Bean autobiography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Missionary for the Mormon Church in the Southern States Mission and in Palmyra, New York. He won renown as a boxer and served as a deputy sheriff in Goldfield, Nevada during the gold rush (1904-1907).
1 item (0.01 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Donated by Mrs. Tony Zimmerman in 1979.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Mrs. Tony Zimmerman; 1979.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Bean, Willard Washington, 1868-1949
- Boxers (Sports) -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Cumorah, Hill (N.Y.) -- History -- Sources
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada -- History
- Goldfield (Nev.) -- History -- Sources
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Southern States -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States
- Mormons -- Nevada -- History
- Mormons -- New York (State) -- History
- Mormons -- Southern States -- History
- New York (State) -- History -- Sources
- Register of Willard Washington Bean autobiography
- Patsy Shin Hernandez
- 2010 August 18
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.