Personal histories of Mormon women in South Africa
Scope and Contents
Thirty-three handwritten and typed personal histories made in 1978 with accompanying photographs. The items are autobiographies of Mormon women in the Transvaal Stake of the Mormon Church in South Africa. Also included is a program and photographs of a service held in 1954 for the dedication of a chapel in the Transvaal Stake's Springs Branch.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Personal histories of Mormon women in South Africa mustbe obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
34 items (0.3 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.V, 2007).
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Transvaal Stake (South Africa) -- History
- Mormon Church -- South Africa -- History
- Mormon women -- South Africa -- Biography
- Mormons -- South Africa -- Biography
- Photographic prints
- Relief Society
- South Africa -- History -- 1961-1994 -- Sources
- Register of Personal histories of Mormon women in South Africa
- Geoff McLaughlin
- 2010 August 13
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.