Mary E. Woolley Chamberlain : handmaiden of the Lord
Scope and Contents
Bound typewritten autobiography of Mary Woolley Chamberlain. Mary lived in St. George, Kanab, Provo, and Salt Lake City, Utah. She gives detailed accounts of family life, Mormon Church activities, and events in these towns and in Utah in general from her birth to 1936 when she wrote her history. This record was compiled, typed, and put with genealogy work-sheets and photographs probably in 1981. Also included are tributes to Mary by family members.
- approximately 1936-1981
- Chamberlain, Mary E. Wooley (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mary E. Woolley Chamberlain : handmaiden of the Lord must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon housewife and mother of two boys.
1 v. (viii, 364 p.)
Donated by Farel Kimball in 1982.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Farel Kimball; 1982.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Home and Family
- Kanab (Utah) -- History -- Sources
- Mormon Church -- History
- Mormon women -- Utah -- Biography
- Provo (Utah) -- History
- Saint George (Utah) -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Social Life and Customs
- Utah -- History -- 19th century
- Utah -- History -- 20th century
- Register of Mary E. Woolley Chamberlain : handmaiden of the Lord
- In Progress
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 July 30
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.