Joseph B. Walton photographs
Scope and Contents
Collection includes 19 photographs of houses, Latter-day Saint churches and public buildings in the Provo, Utah, area. Also includes tintype portraits. Dated approximately 1900.
- approximately 1900
- Walton, Joseph B. (Joseph Benjamin), 1855-1935 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research. Items kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph B. Walton photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Joseph B. Walton was born on October 10, 1855 to parents Joseph Walton and Ann Thompson in Alpine, Utah. He married Emeline Louise Jacques on October 31, 1877. Together they had five children. Joseph was called and served as one of the first missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in England from 1896 until 1989. Joseph was a prominent educator in Provo, Utah. He served as a treasurer of the Provo Dramatic Union within the ecclesiastical division of Provo City. Joseph died on April 29, 1935 in Provo, Utah.
1 folder (0.03 linear ft.)
1 box (0.05 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Provenance unknown; 2022.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source unknown; 2022.
Photographs (Photograph Archives).
Processed; Anne Ashton; June 2022. Updated finding aid for DACS compliance and accuracy. Rehoused photographs to plastic sleeves for preservation.
- Albumen prints
- Buildings -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs
- Copy prints
- Gelatin silver prints
- Latter Day Saint architecture -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs
- Material Types
- Photographic prints
- Provo (Utah) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Photographs
- Provo (Utah) -- Photographs
- Register of Joseph B. Walton photographs
- Under Revision
- Rose Frank
- 2011 November 4
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.