Alma W. Anderson papers and photographs
Scope and Contents
Collection includes 878 photographs, 96 postcards, two tintypes, 339 negatives, four glass plate negatives, a journal, a ledger (includes some genealogy), and a family Bible.
- approximately 1860-1950
- Anderson, Alma W. (Alma Widerberg), 1906-1978 (photographer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research. Items kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Alma W. Anderson papers and photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
J. Stanley Anderson (1866-1950) was an early Utah and Idaho photographer, and brother of George Edward Anderson.
Alma W. Anderson (1906-1978) was a photographer in Preston, Idaho, and the son of J. Stanley Anderson (1866-1951) and the nephew of George Edward Anderson (1860-1928).
2 oversize folders
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Eva Ellen Hargrave Anderson.
Photographs (Photograph Archives).
- Anderson family -- Photographs
- Fishing -- Photographs
- Glass negatives
- Material Types
- Nogales (Ariz.) -- Photographs
- Photographers -- Idaho -- History -- Sources
- Preston (Idaho) -- Photographs
- Rexburg (Idaho) -- Photographs
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Photographs
- Register of Alma W. Anderson papers and photographs
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 June 1
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Box: 3 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 2 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 1 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 8 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 7 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 6 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 5 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 4 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize-folder: 1 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize-folder: 2 (Graphic Materials)
- Folder: 3 (Mixed Materials)