Zina Young Card photographs
Scope and Contents
Collection includes photographs of various early church leaders, especially prominent women members. Includes images of Brigham Young's wives and family, Joseph F. Smith, George Albert Smith, Eliza R. Snow, and the Card family.
- approximately 1830-1949
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research. Items kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Zina Young Card photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Zina Young Card (1850-1931) was the daughter of Brigham Young, and wife of Charles Ora Card. She served as director of the Brigham Young Academy Primary Department and as a member of the General Board of the Primary Association.
3 folders (0.30 linear ft.)
1 oversize folder (0.20 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Mary Firmage.
Photographs (Photograph Archives).
Processed; Jamie Wiser; July 2022. Updated finding aid for DACS compliance and accuracy. Integrated portrait into collection.
- Card family -- Photographs
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Presidents
- Gates, Susa Young, 1856-1933
- Mormon women -- Photographs
- Smith, George Albert, 1870-1951 -- Photographs
- Smith, Joseph F. (Joseph Fielding), 1838-1918 -- Photographs
- Snow, Eliza R. (Eliza Roxey), 1804-1887 -- Photographs
- Young family -- Photographs
- Register of Zina Young Card photographs
- Under Revision
- Abe Austin
- 2012 February 22
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.