Harmon Foundation filmstrips of images from King of Kings
Scope and Contents
Two filmstrips in plastic containers, and two Millenniata DVD copies of the filmstrip slideshows. Slideshow originally created in 1947.
- Harmon Foundation (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Reference copies open for public research. Originals restricted.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Harmon Foundation filmstrips of images from King of Kings must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
Biographical / Historical
The Harmon Foundation is a charitable institution formed by William Elmer Harmon in 1922.
The Harmon Foundation was founded by William Elmer Harmon, a wealthy real estate tycoon. The foundation initially focused on building playgrounds and providing educational loans. In 1924, it also started the Religious Motion Picture Foundation to produce and distribute religious films. Today the foundation is perhaps best known for the William E. Harmon Foundation Award for Distinguished Achievement Among Negroes that awarded excellent artistic or other achievements by African Americans.
2 filmstrips (0.1 linear ft.)
2 videodiscs ((0.01 linear ft.) )
Hunter Hale acquired the filmstrips in the course of his film and memorabilia collecting ventures, and had the Millenniata DVD copies created of them. He then donated both to BYU in 2016.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Hunter Hale; 2016.
Arts and Communications.
Existence and Location of Copies
There have been DVDs made of both filmstrips. Please use these in lieu of the originals where possible.
Processed; Mary-Celeste Ricks; 2017.
- Harmon Foundation film strips of images from King of Kings
- Mary-Celeste Ricks
- 17 April 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.