Paramount Pictures production prop drawings and blueprints for The Ten Commandments
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of 35 original hand-drawn prop drawings and blueprints for the 1956 film The Ten Commandments. The credited art director on most of the drawings is Walter Tyler, but other artists who contributed include signatures, legible or not, that appear to read "J. G. Hulsey," "Waller," and "Gobruege". Materials dated approximately 1955.
- Approximately 1955
- Paramount Pictures, Inc. (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Paramount Pictures production prop drawings and blueprints for The Ten Commandments must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
Paramount Pictures, inc. (1912- ) is a motion picture production company based in California and formed out of the Famous Players Film Company.
The Famous Players Film Company was formed in 1912. Starting in 1914, Famous Players, as well as Lasky Feature Play Company, released pictures through the new Paramount Pictures Corporation. In 1927, the Famous Players-Lasky Corporation that started in 1917 took the name Paramount Famous Lasky Corporation. Then, in 1930, it became the Paramount Publix Corporation. Paramount Pictures, inc. was formed by that name in 1936 out of a reorganization of Paramount Publix Corporation by Adolph Zukor. The company was divided in 1949 in a court-ordered separation of its motion picture production/distribution units and its movie theater chain. The production and distribution division was reorganized as Paramount Pictures Corporation, and the theaters as United Paramount Theatres.
10 oversize boxes (10 linear ft.)
1 oversize folder ((0.2 linear ft.) )
Language of Materials
The materials were created by Paramount Pictures employees for the film The Ten Commandments. They were acquired by Anthony's Antiques and Fine Art in Salt Lake City, from whom The L. Tom Perry Special Collections acquired them in 2017.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased; Anthony's Antiques and Fine Art; 2017.
Arts and Communications
Processed; Mary-Celeste Ricks; 2017.
- Register of Paramount Pictures production prop drawings and blueprints for The Ten Commandments
- Mary-Celeste Ricks
- 28 February 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- oversize: 1 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize: 2 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize: 3 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize: 4 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize: 5 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize: 6 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize: 7 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize: 8 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize: 9 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize: 10 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize-folder: 11 (Graphic Materials)