George W. Hadden correspondence
Scope and Contents
Handwritten and signed correspondence. The items were written by Hadden and others who were probably family members. The materials relate activities in the gold fields of California and also tell about activities during the Civil War. Also included is a printed poem about the Battle of the Wilderness in 1864.
- Hadden, George W. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Correspondence must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Soldier in the Union Army during the American Civil War.
1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- California -- History -- 1850-1950
- Gold miners -- California -- Correspondence
- Gold mines and mining -- California -- History
- Hadden, George W. -- Correspondence
- Material Types
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives
- Wilderness, Battle of the, Va., 1864
- Register of George W. Hadden correspondence
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 23
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.