Geroge Washington Hickerson correspondence and family papers
Scope and Contents
Handwritten correspondence largely to and from family members. Also included are biographies and a genealogy of Hickerson family members. Hickerson lived much of his life in Davis County, Utah. Some of the letters were written by Hickerson while serving on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Illinois. Several of the letters were written by Hickerson's son, Isaac Hickerson, when he was in California and in Carson City, Nevada. Among the items is a letter from John D. Lee written in Parowan, Utah, in 1852 in which Lee describes many of the activities of Mormons and Indians in the area. One patriarchal blessing is found with the collection.
- Hickerson, George Washington (Person)
- Hickerson, Isaac (Person)
- Lee, John D. (John Doyle), 1812-1877 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Correspondence and family papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon pioneer and missionary.
1 folder (ca. 60 items)
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Carson City (Nev.) -- History -- Sources
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Davis County (Utah) -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Illinois -- History
- Mormons -- California -- History
- Mormons -- Nevada -- Carson City -- History -- Sources
- Mormons -- Utah -- Davis County -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Parowan -- History
- Paiute Indians -- History
- Parowan (Utah) -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History
- Register of Correspondence and family papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 23
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.