William H. Homer research papers
Scope and Contents
Collection includes handwritten and typewritten research notes, articles, genealogies, diaries, and biographies. Also included is Homer family correspondence. The family members lived in Utah, Wyoming, and Montana. The notes relate to Homer's research on Martin Harris (1783-1875). Also included is a diary Homer's father, William Harrison Homer, Sr., kept while he was on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in England from 1867 to 1868.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William H. Homer research papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
William H. Homer (1875-1964) was a farmer, teacher, and amateur historian.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
Folder-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS825.xml
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Existence and Location of Copies
Photocopy of William H. Homer, Sr. missionary diary (1867-1868) available in folder 5. Transcription of William H. Homer, Sr. missionary diary available in folder 6.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--England--History
- Harris, Martin, 1783-1875
- Material Types
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- England -- Diaries
- Mormons -- Idaho -- History
- Mormons -- Montana -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- History
- Register of William H. Homer research papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 18
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.