John M. Ward photographs
Scope and Contents
Contains photographs of individuals that Ward met while on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the early 1900s. He served in the Southern States Mission, including the states of Ohio and Kentucky.
- approximately 1905-1908
- Ward, John M. (John Mahonri), 1878-1936 (collector, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research. Items kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the John M. Ward collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
John M. Ward (1878-1936) was a Mormon farmer and teamster in Idaho.
John Mahonri Ward was born October 28, 1878 in Bear Lake, Idaho to Thomas Ward and Ann Reese. A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ward served as a missionary in the Southern States Mission between 1905 and 1908. After his return he married Ida May Patterson on February 25, 1914 in Salt Lake City, Utah, and they had six children. Ward worked as a farmer and teamster in the Bear Lake area, and resided in Bloomington, Idaho. He died on February 24, 1936 in Bloomington.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Maintained in original order.
Collection was found in the stacks in 2012.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Found; the stacks; 2012.
Photographs (Photograph Archives).
Processed; Anne Ashton, student photograph processor; 2013.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Southern States--Photographs
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- Southern States -- History
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- Southern States -- Photographs
- Missions and Missionaries
- Ward, John M. (John Mahonri), 1878-1936 -- Photographs
- Register of the John M. Ward photographs
- Anne Ashton
- 2013 January 14
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.