George R. Blake papers
Scope and Contents
Contains materials relating to Blake's life during the war and his mission. Includes a tyepwritten history of Blake's correspondence with a German prisoner of war, a letter in German, a history of prisoners of war in Orem during World War II, images of some of these prisoners, and a history of the end of Blake's mission to Germany. Dated 1943-2009.
- Blake, George R., 1918- (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials in English and German.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the George R. Blake papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
George R. Blake (1918-) was a farmer from Utah Valley.
George R. Blake was born on March 14, 1918 in Vineyard, Utah. He was born to Samuel H. and Annie B. Blake. He grew up in Utah, where his father was a farmer. He served a mission to Germany in the 1930s. Upon returning, he was educated in college and then worked as a farmer. He currently lives in Provo, Utah.
1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
Collection materials are arranged in their original order.
Donated by George R. Blake in 2011.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; George R. Blake; 2011.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007).
Includes a Utah man's reminiscences on his life during World War Two and related to his mission to Germany.
Processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2013.
- Blake, George R., 1918-
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Germany
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Germany
- Politics, Government, and Law
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Mormon
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American -- Photographs
- Register of the George R. Blake papers
- Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscripts processor, and John M. Murphy, curator.
- 9 April 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.