Rachel N. Nutter papers
Scope and Contents
Contains Nutter's personal papers, including letters from friends and family, journals, and typed transcripts of a few journals, documenting health concerns and day-to-day life events; photographs of family, friends, and trips; videocassette recordings of television programs; family history materials; travel pamphlets and brochures; and newspaper clippings about topics such as China; September 11, 2001; President Gordon B. Hinckley and other issues regarding Mormonism; and other historic events. Materials date from 1930 to 2011.
- Nutter, Rachel N. (Rachel Nelson), 1921- (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Rachel N. Nutter papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Rachel N. Nutter (born 1921) studied at Brigham Young University.
Rachel Nelson Nutter was born October 18, 1921. She graduated from Brigham Young University with a bachelor's degree in 1949. She married John William Nutter on December 22, 1951, in Salt Lake City, Utah. She later earned a master's degree from the University of Iowa, and worked as a project manager for the Wisconsin Food and Nutrition Services. Nutter currently lives in Provo, Utah.
1 oversize box (1 linear ft.)
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
14 cartons (14 linear ft.)
Materials were left in original order.
Donated by Rachel N. Nutter in 2011.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Rachel N. Nutter; 2011.
LDS, Utah, and Western American Women (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.V, August 2007.)
Contains the papers of a Mormon woman from Utah.
Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2011.
- Brigham Young University
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Colleges and Universities
- Family histories
- Home and Family
- Mormon Church
- Nutter, Rachel N. (Rachel Nelson), 1921- -- Archives
- Social Life and Customs
- Register of the Rachel N. Nutter papers
- Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- 2011 September 9
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Carton: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 16 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 15 (Computer Disks)
- Box: 17 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 14 (Graphic Materials)
- Carton: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 13 (Mixed Materials)