Lyle P. Richins papers
Scope and Contents
Contains the missionary letters and pamphlets of Richins, dating between 1924 and 1933. The letters mainly document the time he spent serving in the Northern States mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Date of creation of sources range from 1898-1933.
- Richins, Lyle P., 1905-1994 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Lyle P. Richins papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
Lyle P. Richins (1905-1994) was a businessman in Idaho who served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the Northern States Mission in 1924.
Lyle P. Richins was born April 17, 1905, to Parley Thomas Richins and Fannie Judd Richins in Henefer, Utah. In 1924, Lyle served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the Northern States Mission. He married Luena Davis on June 22, 1934. Lyle and Luena had three children: Sharon, Marilyn, and Van. For many years, he managed a hardware store in Preston, Idaho, and was a part-owner of Richins Mercantile in Henefer, Utah, and Preston, Idaho. During World War II, Lyle worked for the United States government. He died November 22, 1994.
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
2 oversize folders (0.6 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Donated by Dennis and Annette Weidenbenner in 2011.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Dennis and Annette Weidenbenner; 2011.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Illustrates what a Mormon mission was like for Mormon missionaries from 1930-1932.
Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2011.
Item was mold infested upon arrival. Collected materials were subsequently freeze-dried, treated and vacuumed, and all mold spores were removed. Some of the collected materials, however, due to severe mold and water damage were removed from the collection.
Processed; Eric Wolford, student processor; 2016.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions -- Middle West
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Northern States Mission
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Middle West -- Correspondence
- Mormon missionaries -- Pamphlets
- Richins, Lyle P., 1905-1994 -- Correspondence
- Register of the Lyle P. Richins papers
- Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- 2011 July 22
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.