Arza Adams diaries
Scope and Contents
Handwritten diaries in four volumes. Also included are photocopies of the materials. Adams mentions his youth and starts his diaries in 1830. He joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1836 and subsequently lived in Missouri, Illinois, and Iowa, and came to Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1849.
- Adams, Arza, 1804-1889 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The originals are restricted due to their poor condition. Photocopies are available for patron use.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
LDS missionary and pioneer.
4 v. (photocopies)
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Adams, Arza, 1804-1889
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Latter Day Saint pioneers -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Illinois -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Iowa -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Missouri -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Overland Journeys to the Western United States
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Register of Diaries
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 31
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.