Johan Christian Poulsen autobiography and diary
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a handwritten autobiography and diary in Danish. The autobiography covers Poulsen's life to 1864 when he began his diary. Poulsen was converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1862. He served as a missionary for that faith in Denmark from 1864 to 1866. He migrated to the Utah and settled in Millard County. Also included are patriarchal blessings of family members in English.
- Poulsen, Johan Christian, 1841-1876 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Johan Christian Poulsen autobiography and diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Johan Christian Poulsen (born 1841) was a Mormon convert in Denmark.
1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions -- Denmark -- History
- Denmark -- History -- 19th century
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Millard County (Utah) -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Denmark -- History
- Mormon pioneers -- History
- Mormons -- Denmark -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History
- Poulsen, Johan Christian, 1841-1876 -- Diaries
- Poulsen, Johan Christian, 1841-1876
- Register of Johan Christian Poulsen autobiography and diary
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 30
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.