Cecil B. DeMille Productions records
Scope and Contents
Collection includes corporate by-laws and minute books of Cecil B. DeMille Productions. Also includes correspondence with many of DeMille's associates, appraisals, tax records, and estate records of Cecil B. DeMille and Constance A. DeMille. Collection contains materials related to the production of various DeMille films, including Samson and Delilah, The Greatest Show on Earth, and The Ten Commandments (1956).
- approximately 1932-1959
- Cecil B. DeMille Productions (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Cecil B. DeMille Productions records must be obtained from theSupervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Cecil B. DeMille Productions (est. 1921) was a motion picture production company in California.
4 oversize boxes (4 linear ft.)
2 cartons (2 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid can be found at the repository.
Maintained by the DeMille Foundation, which donated them to the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; DeMille Foundation.
Arts and Communications.
Processed; John N. Gillespie.
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Business records
- DeMille, Cecil B. (Cecil Blount), 1881-1959
- Greatest show on earth (Motion picture : 1952)
- Minutes (Records)
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction
- Performing Arts
- Samson and Delilah (Motion picture : 1949)
- Ten commandments (Motion picture : 1956)
- Register of Cecil B. DeMille Productions records
- J. Norm Gillespie, Geoff McLaughlin
- 2010 July 28
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.