Duwayne Leroy Anderson missionary papers
Scope and Contents
Materials contain papers dated from 1922 to 1925, which include a mission journal and accompanying transcription, missionary meeting notes, "Swiss and German Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" LDS Church directory, and photograph and postcard albums. All these things were created in conjunction with Anderson's missionary service in Germany from 1922 to 1925.
- Anderson, Duwayne LeRoy, 1902-1967 (creator, Person)
Language of Materials
Materials in English and German.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Duwayne Leroy Anderson missionary papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
Biographical / Historical
Duwayne Leroy Anderson (1902-1967) served as a missionary in the Swiss and German Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Duwayne Leroy Anderson was born on January 19, 1902, in Pleasant Grove, Utah, to Ole Anderson and Rasmine Nielsen Anderson. As a young man he worked in the fields and orchards of his home town and graduated from Pleasant Grove High School in 1920. The following year, 1921, he attended the Utah Agricultural College in Logan, Utah. In September 1922, he was called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Swiss German mission. Over the course of his LDS mission, Anderson worked in Konigsberg, Elbing, Stettin, Memel, Selbongen, and Leipzig. He completed his mission in 1925, and the following year he married Attla Fern Fagan in the Salt Lake City Temple on September 19, 1926. From 1926 to 1935 the family resided in Pleasant Grove, Utah; Syracuse, Utah; and Lehi, Utah. From 1935 to 1945, they lived on a farm in Oregon. Anderson died on April 7, 1967 in San Jose, California.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
Donated by LaVerle Lynn Anderson Dean, daughter of Duwayne LeRoy Anderson.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; LaVerle Lynn Anderson Dean.
LDS cultural, family, social, intellectual, mission, and religious history (19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts collection development policy, V, b, v, 1; March 2020)
Processed; Meghan Hoesch; March 2020.
- Anderson, Duwayne LeRoy, 1902-1967 -- Archives
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Germany -- History -- 20th century
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Swiss and German Mission
- Evangelistic work -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Germany -- History -- 20th century
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Germany
- Mormon missionaries -- Switzerland
- Register of Duwayne Leroy Anderson missionary papers
- John M. Murphy
- February 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.