Stephen L. Richards papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains general conference addresses and other speeches written by Richards and family history documents, church pamphlets, diaries, correspondence, financial documents, legal documents, books, photographs, newspaper clippings and journals, dated 1843 to 1959.
- Richards, Stephen L (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stephen L Richards, born in Mendon, Utah in 1879, was a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from January 8, 1917, to April 9, 1951. Richards also served as First Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church under President David O. McKay from April 9, 1951, until his death on May 19, 1959.
9 cartons (9 linear ft.)
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
1 oversize folder (0.1 linear ft.)
1 oversize box (0.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Materials were donated to the repository in 1977.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
Processed; Kayla Quinney; February 2009.
Processed; Jaymon Roan and Karen Glenn; November 2021. Materials re-housed, some foldering added.
- Register of Stephen L Richards papers
- Kayla Quinney
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Carton: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 11 (Text)
- oversize-folder: 13 (Graphic Materials)
- Carton: 12 (Mixed Materials)