Laura Ann Keeler Thurber autobiography
Scope and Contents
Handwritten autobiography which has been encapsulated and bound. The item starts with Thurber's biographies of her father, James Keeler, and her mother, Eliza Shelton Keeler. James Keeler's account was copied from his autobiography and diary. Laura lived in Santaquin, Goshen, and Richfield, Utah, and in Grass Valley, Nevada. Laura married Joseph Thurber in 1876, who entered into polygamy by marrying another woman in 1885. James Keeler joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1839, moved to Nauvoo, Illinois, in 1840, and served on a mission for the LDS Church in Hawaii from 1850 to 1855.
- approximately 1900
- Keeler, James (Person)
- Thurber, Laura Ann Keeler, 1859-1909 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Autobiography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 v. (123 p.)
Language of Materials
LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.V, 2007).
- Goshen (Utah) -- History
- Grass Valley (Lander County and Eureka County, Nev.) -- History -- Sources
- Home and Family
- Keeler, Eliza Shelton
- Keeler, James
- Mormon missionaries -- Hawaii -- History
- Mormon women -- Grass Valley (Lander County and Eureka County, Nev.) -- History
- Mormon women -- Utah -- History
- Nauvoo (Ill.) -- History
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Richfield (Utah) -- History
- Santaquin (Utah) -- History
- Social Life and Customs
- Thurber, Laura Ann Keeler, 1859-1909
- Register of Laura Ann Keeler Thurber autobiography
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 17
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States