Isaac A. Smoot papers
Scope and Contents
Typewritten diary, correspondence, certificates, scrapbooks of newspaper clippings, photographs, and tributes. The diary was kept from 1953 to 1957 while Smoot was serving as president of the Northern States Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The other materials relate to the function of the postal service in Utah and to LDS Church matters.
- Smoot, Isaac A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
LDS Church leader and postmaster in Salt Lake City, Utah.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Material Types
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Middle West -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Middle West -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- History
- Postal service -- Utah -- Postmasters -- History -- Sources
- Smoot, Isaac A. -- Diaries
- Register of Isaac A. Smoot papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 18
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.