Julius S. Dalley collection of Mormon materials
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains some materials from the life of Elizabeth R. Snow and Erastus Snow. The contents are as follows:
1. Correspondence between Elizabeth R. Snow and Erastus Snow, 1851 to 1877. Originals. 19 typed pages, 1 handwritten page.
2. “Extract from the life of Erastus Snow as dictated by him to his son Franklin R. Snow, in 1875.” 2 typed pages.
3. Envelope (empty) addressed to Mrs. Susa Y. Gales from Lucy Snow, 1932[ ]. Sent via air mail.
4. “Col. Cody’s trip to the Grand Canyon as told by Edward Lamb, to Elizabeth,” July 1930. 5 typed pages.
5. A loose leaf of notebook paper with “Ed Lamp in Mt. Carmel” written on it with some other personal notes.
6. Two family newsletters written to “Our Friends of V.T. Park” and “To the Queen Mother of V.T. Park” written by Rae Dalley, 24 Aug 1928 and 2 July 1933. 8 pages.
7. Photocopies of photographs of cabins, soldiers who appear to be in Civil War costume, travelers, Arizona landscape. 10 pages. Only one picture has a caption. It says, “Pipe Springs Arizona, 1891. Isaac Chamberlain, Le Grand Wooley, Florence Snow Wooley, Arthur S. Wooley, Mary Ann Meeks (Midwife), Mariam Chamberlain, Ellen Chamberlain, Elizabeth (Bessie) Wooley, Lucy Chamberlain, Edgar Chamberlain, Henry Chamberlain, Erastus Dilworth Wooley, Squire Hepworth, Herbert Elliot Wooley, Lorin Little and Thomas Chamberlain.”
8. Brief biographies of Nate Adams, Brig Riggs, Dee Wooley, and Jessie Knight. 1 typed page.
9. Conversation between Phillip Foremaster and Roy Wooley. 20 typed pages.
- Snow, Erastus Fairbanks, 1818-1888 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use note
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Snow family materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The Snow family were members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
2 folders (0.04 linear ft.)
Materials from the lives of Elizabeth R. Snow and Erastus Snow, 1851-1933.
Custodial History note
Donated by Julius Wooley Dalley in 1976.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Donated; Julius Wooley Dalley; 1976.
LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy for 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts).
Processing Information note
Processed; H. Christine Broomhead; 18 May 2007.
- Church officers -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Correspondence
- Dally family
- Foremaster, Phillip, 1898-1994 -- Interviews
- Landscapes -- Arizona -- Photographs
- Log cabins -- Photographs
- Material Types
- Mormon women -- Utah -- Correspondence
- Snow, Eliza R. (Eliza Roxey), 1804-1887 -- Correspondence
- Snow, Erastus Fairbanks, 1818-1888
- Snow, Erastus Fairbanks, 1818-1888 -- Correspondence
- Soldiers -- United States -- Photographs
- Woolley family
- Register of Julius S. Dalley collection of Mormon materials
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2011 June 14
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.