J. S. Welch mission journal
Scope and Contents
Typescript of journal produced by J. S. Welch during his service as principal of the Latter Day Saints' Maori Agricultural College. Includes photographs and Maori vocabulary, as well as entries describing his work at the college farm, the landscape and vegetation of New Zealand, and the impact of his service on his family.
- Welch, J. S. (John Shaw), 1888-1947 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials in English and Maori.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from J.S. Welch journal must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
Biographical / Historical
J.S. Welch (1888-1947) was a Mormon teacher and agriculturalist. He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to New Zealand between 1917 and 1920, serving as principal of the Maori Agricultural College.
1 folder ; (0.08 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; John W. Welch; 1991.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Agriculture -- New Zealand -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- New Zealand--History
- Latter Day Saint families -- History
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- New Zealand -- Diaries
- Latter Day Saints -- New Zealand -- History
- Latter Day Saints' Maori Agricultural College -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- School principals -- New Zealand -- History -- Sources
- Universities and colleges, Maori -- History
- Welch family
- Welch, J. S. (John Shaw), 1888-1947 -- Diaries
- Register of J. S. Welch mission journal
- Rose Frank
- 10 June 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.