Thomas R. Jones postcards
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of postcards to and from Thomas R. Jones between 1905 and 1912. The majority of the correspondence documents his service as a Mormon missionary. The collection also includes blank postcards with images of European countries and photographic postcards.
- 1905-1912, bulk 1909-1912
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Thomas R. Jones postcards must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Thomas R. Jones (1879-1967) was a farmer and schoolteacher from Weber County, Utah. He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Switzerland and Germany between 1909 and 1912.
42 folders (0.5 linear ft.) : (449 items)
Organized into two series: I. Postcards, 1905-1912 (bulk 1909-1912). II. Photographic postcards, 1909-1911.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Gaye Willis; 2007.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Germany--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Switzerland--History
- Evangelistic work -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History -- 20th century
- Jones, Thomas R. (Thomas Rose), 1879-1967 -- Correspondence
- Material Types
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon families -- Utah -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Germany -- Correspondence
- Mormon missionaries -- Switzerland -- Correspondence
- Register of Thomas R. Jones postcards
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 April 7
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.