Sidney J. and Ernest A. Ottley scrapbooks
Scope and Contents
Contains five albums. The first three albums include photographs, postcards, booklets, and newspaper clippings, relating to Sidney James Ottley's mission to New Zealand from 1912-1914. The fourth album includes family photographs, announcements of weddings, deaths, and anniversaries, as well as greeting cards. The fifth album belongs to Ernest A. Ottley and covers his life in Millard County, Utah to his missionary service in New Zealand.
- Ottley, Sidney James, 1890-1982 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to public access. Kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Sidney J. and Ernest A. Ottley scrapbooks must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Sidney J. Ottley (1890-1982) was a Mormon businessman in Utah.
Sidney James Ottley was born on September 2, 1890 in South Cottonwood, Utah to Edward and Thirza Ottley. He served as a missionary in New Zealand from 1912 to 1916, and later returned as a mission president in 1951. Ottley died in 1982 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Ernest A. Ottley (1888-1968) was a Mormon carpenter in Utah.
Ernest Arthur Ottley was born was in Salt Lake City, Utah to Edward and Thirza Ottley in 1888. In 1919 he was called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in New Zealand. After his return he worked as a carpenter in Salt Lake County. He died in Midvale, Utah on April 10, 1968.
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
These items were transferred from manuscript collection MSS SC 2761 in 1995.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transfer; Lael Pedersen; 1995.
Photographs (Photograph Archives).
- Christian leadership -- Mormon Church
- Church buildings -- New Zealand
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions -- New Zealand -- History
- Maori (New Zealand people) -- History
- McKay, David O. (David Oman), 1873-1970
- Millard County (Utah)
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- New Zealand -- History
- Mormons -- New Zealand -- History
- New Zealand
- Ottley, Ernest Arthur, 1888-1968
- Ottley, Sidney James, 1890-1982
- Photograph albums
- Register of Sidney J. and Ernest A. scrapbooks
- Abe Austin
- 2012 April 2
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.