Franklin S. Harris papers
Scope and Contents
Contains notes, miscellaneous correspondence, and typed programs of the KSL radio series: "The Book of Mormon: Messages and Evidences." Also included are notes and an original draft of Harris' book by the same title. The materials also relate to archaeology, the Word of Wisdom, and other Mormon Church topics.
- Harris, Franklin S. (Franklin Stewart), 1912-1999 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Franklin S. Harris papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Franklin S. Harris, Jr. (1912-1999) was a Mormon physicist.
Franklin Stewart Harris, Jr. was born on May 24, 1912 in Logan, Utah to Franklin Stewart Harris and Frankie Estelle Spilsbury. He studied at Brigham Young University, receiving his B.A. degree in 1931 and his M.A. in 1936. He later continued his education at the California Institute of Technology, earning his Ph.D. in Physics in 1941. A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Harris also served as a missionary in the German-Austrian Mission and the European Mission Office. In 1950 he married Maurine Steed in the Salt Lake Temple.
During his career, Harris was affiliated with the University of British Columbia, the University of Utah, Aerospace Corporation, and Old Dominion University. He retired to Rockville, Utah in 1978, and passed away on August 13, 1999 in St. George, Utah.
5 boxes (2.5 linear ft.)
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Book of Mormon (Radio program)
- Book of Mormon -- Antiquities
- Book of Mormon -- Evidences, authority, etc.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Sacred books
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Apologetic works
- Drafts (Documents)
- KSL (Radio station : Salt Lake City, Utah) -- History
- Media and Communication
- Radio broadcasting
- Radio scripts
- Social Life and Customs
- Word of wisdom
- Register of Franklin S. Harris papers
- In Progress
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 18
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.