Walter Cryer collection on physical education and sports
Scope and Contents
Contains photographs and negatives of sporting events and athletes at Brigham Young University. Includes images from track and field events and tumbling. Images appear to date from the 1920s to 1960s. Materials were collected by Cryer between approximately 1964 to 1973.
- Other: approximately 1964-1973
- Cryer, Walter (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research. Items kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Walter Cryer collection on physical education and sports must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Walter Cryer (born 1929) was the swimming coach at Brigham Young University from 1964 to 1973.
Walter Cryer was born April 10, 1929 in Illinois. He received his bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Illinois in 1952 and 1959. He received his Ed.D. from Brigham Young University in 1975. Cryer served as coach of the Brigham Young University swim team from 1964 to 1973. He was married to Patricia Anne Cryer and had eight children.
1 half box (0.25 linear ft.)
1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Found in the stacks and transferred to the University Archives in December 2013.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Found; LTPSC stacks; December 2013.
University photographs (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; December 2013.
- Brigham Young University -- Sports--Photographs
- College sports -- Utah -- Provo
- College sports -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs
- Colleges and Universities
- Nitrate negatives
- Physical education and training -- Utah -- Provo
- Physical education and training -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs
- Track and field -- Tournaments -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs
- Register of Walter Cryer collection on physical education and sports
- J. Gordon Daines III
- 18 December 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.