DeWitt family histories
Scope and Contents
Collection includes three family histories from the DeWitt and Kempe families, which include typescripts of correspondence and journals, reproductions of photographs, and other biographical information. The histories themselves describe the lives of Elijah Reeves DeWitt, Abel Alexander DeWitt Sr., Abel Alexander DeWitt Jr., Christopher Jensen Kempe, and Ruth Leila Kempe. Includes information on their experiences in Utah, Illinois, Indiana, and at Brigham Young Academy.
- Wake, Edgar (Compiler, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from DeWitt family histories must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
3 folders ; (.25 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Ruth L. Wake; 2004, 2005.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Organization and arrang. Arranged by date: 1. Our heritage : book 1 / compiled by Ruth L. (DeWitt) Wake. 2. Our heritage : book 2 / compiled by Ruth L. (DeWitt) Wake. 3. Ruth Leila Kempe : she lived! / Caroline Elia Seguritan.
- Brigham Young Academy -- Biography
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Big Cottonwood Stake -- Biography
- Clay County (Ill.)
- DeWitt family
- Family histories
- Home and Family
- Kemp family
- Perry County (Ind.) -- Biography
- Social Life and Customs
- Vigo County (Ind.) -- Biography
- Register of DeWitt family histories
- Rose Frank
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.