History of my father, Stephen Bliss Moore, and my mother, Eleanor Colton Moore : pioneers and children of pioneers
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS 290
Scope and Contents
Typewritten biography of Stephen Bliss Moore and his wife, Eleanor Colton Moore. Stephen and Eleanor were Mormon pioneers who married in 1857. They lived in Salt Lake City, Utah, near the "Indian Farm" by Spanish Fork, Utah, at the Tintic Mining district near Eureka, Utah, and near Provo, Utah. They had encounters with Ute Indians. Stephen worked as a miner, rancher, and as a grower of fruit trees. Lott often quotes from diaries and letters in the biography of her parents. Also included are photocopies of a handwritten letter from Brigham Young (1801-1877) to Stephen dated 16 Feb. 1857 and a letter from Stephen to his mother dated 14 March 1857.
- Lott, Elsie Moore (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from History of my father, Stephen Bliss Moore, and my mother, Eleanor Colton Moore : pioneers and children of pioneers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Poet, historian, and biographer.
1 v. (34 pages)
2 letters (2 pages)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Material Types
- Mines and mineral resources -- Utah -- History
- Moore, Eleanor Roseltha Colton
- Moore, Stephen Bliss, 1836-1894
- Mormon Church -- Presidents
- Mormons -- Correspondence
- Mormons -- Utah -- History
- Provo (Utah) -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Silver miners -- Utah -- History
- Ute Indians -- History
- Register of History of my father, Stephen Bliss Moore, and my mother, Eleanor Colton Moore : pioneers and children of pioneers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 22
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.