William F. Rigby papers
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a microfilmed copy of a handwritten autobiography and diary. Also included is correspondence.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William F. Rigby papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Rigby was born in England, joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and migrated to Utah in 1853. He later settled in Wellsville, Utah. He was active in politics and served on a mission to England for his faith. He later went to Teton Valley, Idaho, to preside over the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in that area.
1 folder (circa 100 p.)
Language of Materials
This item was photocopied from reel 75 of the 920 microfilm collection. SCM 000 319.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--England--History
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- England -- History
- Latter Day Saint pioneers -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church)
- Teton River Valley (Idaho) -- History
- Wellsville (Utah) -- History -- Sources
- Register of William F. Rigby papers
- Rose Frank
- 17 May 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.