Louis C. Midgley papers
Scope and Contents
Contains manuscripts, correspondence, and legal materials related to anti-Mormon studies by Midgley. Also includes information on a lawsuit involving the Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies (FARMS). Materials date from 1965 to 2003.
- Approximately 1965-2003
- Midgley, Louis C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Donor restricted; permission to use materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Louis C. Midgley papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Louis C. Midgley (1931-) is an American political scientist and college professor in Utah.
Louis C. Midgley was born in 1931. He received his Bachelor's degree from University of Utah and his Ph.D. from Brown University. Louis Midgley taught Political Science at Brigham Young University for many years. After his retirement, he has worked very closely with the Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies as the editor of FARMS Review.
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
12 cartons (12 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
More detailed finding aid available in repository.
Donated by Louis C. Midgley in 2003 and 2014.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Louis C. Midgley; 2003, 2014.
LDS scholarship and historiography (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.III, August 2007).
Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student curator, and John Murphy, curator; 2009.
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Controversial literature
- Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Controversial literature
- Legal instruments
- Manuscripts, American
- Midgley, Louis C. -- Archives
- Register of Louis C. Midgley papers
- Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- 8 June 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.