Thomas B. Toyn papers
Scope and Contents
Diary, autobiography, photographs, newspaper clippings, and histories. The typescript of his diary covers 7 February 1943 to 10 January 1944 while Toyn served as a fighter pilot. Also included is information on his life and service in the United States Air Force.
- Toyn, Thomas B., 1920- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research. Copyright is held by Thomas B. Toyn.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diary and papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Toyn was a fighter pilot during World War II in North Africa, Sicily, and Italy. He later retired from the U.S. Air Force as a colonel.
1 folder (0.3 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Thomas B. Toyn, 560 E. Sumac Ave Provo, Utah 84604 (801) 375-5333.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Thomas B. Toyn.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Histories (Literary works)
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Toyn, Thomas B., 1920-
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy -- Sicily
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Personal narratives
- Register of Thomas B. Toyn papers
- Rose Frank
- 5 May 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.