Mary Ann King diaries
Scope and Contents
Contains two diaries kept by Mary Ann King. They cover the time periods of 1880 to 1882, and 1887 to 1888, with the latter time period during the years that Mary Ann King accompanied her husband, William King, on his mission to the Sandwich Islands for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- King, Mary Ann, 1854-1943 (author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
Mary Ann Henry was born May 11, 1854, in San Bernardino, California, to Robert Henry and Mary Ann Ross. She married William Rice King on November 29, 1869, in Salt Lake City, Utah. She went with her husband, William, on his mission to the Sandwich Islands in 1886, and returned home with him in 1890. Mary Ann had seven children, six boys and one girl. She died on April 16, 1943.
2 folders (0.05 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
The journals of Mary Ann King were donated to BYU in November of 2000, by David S. King, who is a grandson of Mary Ann King's husband, William, by his first marriage.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; David S. King; 2000.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Diaries have significant water damage.
Processed; David J. Whittaker, Judi Crisp, and Rose Frank; 2001.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Sandwich Islands Mission
- King, Mary Ann, 1854-1943 -- Diaries
- King, William, 1834-1892
- Kingston (Utah)
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Hawaii
- Mormon missionaries -- Hawaii -- Diaries
- Mormon women -- Diaries
- Register of Mary Ann King diaries
- Rose Frank
- 2011 March 9
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States